“ACT Made Simple is simply the most accessible book written to date for therapists interested in learning ACT.”
—Jason B. Luoma, Ph.D., coauthor of Learning ACT
“Russ Harris is brilliant in his ability to present complex clinical ideas in an accessible way." — Steven C. Hayes, creator of ACT
A practical and entertaining primer, ideal for ACT newcomers and experienced ACT professionals alike, ACT Made Simple offers clear explanations of the six ACT processes and a set of real-world tips and solutions for rapidly and effectively implementing them in your practice. Reading this book is all the training you need to begin using ACT techniques with your clients for impressive results.
Inside this book, you’ll find:
- Scripts, exercises, metaphors, and worksheets to use with your clients
- A session-by-session guide to implementing ACT quickly and effectively
- How to structure your sessions and set 'homework'
- Multple transcripts from therapy sessions
- Guidance for creating your own therapeutic techniques and exercises
- Practical tips to overcome “therapy roadblocks”
- How to build a strong therapeutic relationship
- How to motivate the unmotivated