In this workshop, you will learn:
- The six core principles of ACT, and how to adapt them to different clinical populations
- Five powerful tools to develop and strengthen psychological acceptance
- Ten powerful ways to rapidly reduce the believability of negative thoughts (without challenging them)
- A sound understanding of mindfulness, and how to use it therapeutically
- How to innovate your own mindfulness techniques
- How to effectively utilise ACT in a wide variety of clinical problems
- How to effectively use interventions based on metaphor, paradox and experiential exercises
- How to apply ACT in your own life, to create a sense of vitality, meaning and fulfilment
- How to use ACT to help you cope with the stresses of difficult clients
- How to access and experience a transcendent sense of self
- How to fundamentally change your relationship with unwanted thoughts and feelings
- How to help clients connect with their core values, and take committed action
You will receive:
- A free copy of ‘The Happiness Trap’ – Russ’s ACT-based self-help book
- Mindfulness skills: Volume 1 – an album of professionally-recorded mp3s of key mindfulness skills
- Scripts for ACT techniques & exercises, which you can either use verbatim or adapt as desired for your clients
- A variety of useful handouts and worksheets for use with clients
- Ongoing support via e-mail
Duration: workshops run from 9am – 430pm on day 1, 9am – 3.30pm on day 2
Fees: Super Keen $495 – Early Bird $520 – Standard $550 – Last Minute $570 – Student Concessions $396 – $456
Prices are less for advance payment.
For cancellations: Up to 7 days in advance, payment will be refunded, minus a $50 administration fee. At less than 7 days notice there will be a refund of 50% of the fee.
ABOUT RUSS HARRIS
The ACT training part 1, ACT training part 2, and ACT for trauma workshops are all run by Russ Harris.
Dr Russ Harris: Medical Practitioner – Psychotherapist – Executive Coach
Russ Harris, author of the best-selling self-help book ‘The Happiness Trap‘, is an internationally-renowned trainer of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT). Russ’s background is in medicine. As a GP he became increasingly interested in the psychological aspects of health and wellbeing, and increasingly disenchanted with writing prescriptions. Ultimately this interest led to a total career change, and he now works in two different, yet complementary roles: both as a therapist and as a coach.
Since 2005, Russ has run over 600 two-day workshops and provided ACT training for over 30,000 health professionals, including therapists, coaches, counsellors, doctors, and psychologists. He has authored three ACT textbooks (ACT Made Simple, Getting Unstuck in ACT, ACT Questions & Answers), and four ACT-based self-help books (The Happiness Trap, The Reality Slap, The Confidence Gap and ACT with Love). He has also co-authored two self-help books (The Weight Escape and The Happiness Trap Pocketbook). The Happiness Trap is now the most widely-translated ACT book in the world, with over 600,000 copies sold worldwide and editions in over 30 languages. (To download the opening chapter, click here.)
Russ has a unique model for training, which he calls ‘ACT Made Simple’, because it covers so much material in a short space of time. (In fact, he even has even written an introductory text book on ACT, titled ‘ACT Made Simple’. To download the first two chapters, click here.) He proudly proclaims each workshop a ‘jargon-free zone’ – and bases his training on three core values: simplicity, clarity, and having fun. His highly-acclaimed ACT workshops are brief, powerful, cost-effective and life-enhancing. Participants regularly report not only major improvements in their therapy and/or coaching, but also in their personal lives – and evaluation forms frequently praise his ability to make complex ideas seem very simple. (For examples, go to testimonials )