ACT Made Simple – Online Workshop (Four Half-Day Sessions)
The beginners-level ‘ACT Made Simple’ workshop is highly experiential, and useful for all health practitioners, including psychologists, counsellors, coaches, therapists, social workers, doctors, nurses, and occupational therapists. It will give you a good, solid foundation in the core processes of ACT, and you’ll immediately be able to start applying these methods with clients.
Each workshop is a ‘jargon-free zone’ guided by three core values: simplicity, clarity, and practicality. (There’s also a big emphasis on having fun). You will experience a wide variety of ACT exercises, and you will be encouraged to apply them to a personal issue of your own, to get a genuine sense of how these methods work.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- The six core principles of ACT, and how to adapt them to different clinical populations
- Five powerful tools to develop and strengthen psychological acceptance
- Ten powerful ways to rapidly reduce the believability of negative thoughts (without challenging them)
- A sound understanding of mindfulness, and how to use it therapeutically
- How to innovate your own mindfulness techniques
- How to effectively utilise ACT in a wide variety of clinical problems
- How to effectively use interventions based on metaphor, paradox and experiential exercises
- How to apply ACT in your own life, to create a sense of vitality, meaning and fulfilment
- How to use ACT to help you cope with the stresses of difficult clients
- How to access and experience a transcendent sense of self
- How to fundamentally change your relationship with unwanted thoughts and feelings
- How to help clients connect with their core values, and take committed action
You will receive:
- A free copy of ‘The Happiness Trap’ – Russ’s ACT-based self-help book (this will be an eBook)
- Mindfulness skills: Volume 1 – an album of professionally-recorded MP3s of key mindfulness skills
- Scripts for ACT techniques & exercises, which you can either use verbatim or adapt as desired for your clients
- A variety of useful handouts and worksheets for use with clients
- A 3-month follow up e-course
Australia Eastern Time (Sydney): May 19, 20, 26, 27 – 8.00am to 11.20am
USA Eastern Time (New York): May 18, 19, 25, 26 – 6:00 to 9:20pm
To easily find your time zone, click here
This four-session online training will be live and interactive.
You will be able to ask the presenter questions and, at times, you will go into ‘breakout rooms’ with other participants.
Each session of training will last for three hours and twenty minutes. This consists of three hours’ training plus two 10-minute breaks.
The training will take place via Zoom and will be recorded.
You’ll receive the recording of each day’s session within 24 hours – and you’ll have access to it for 8 weeks.
Zoom link: The Zoom link will go out to participants twice: five days before and two days before day one.
Certificates: Attendance certificates will be sent by email, 24 hours after the final session of training. Certificates will indicate the number of direct education hours (12), not including breaks. Certificates may be used to qualify for eligibility for Continuing Education or Professional Development credits from licensing boards and professional colleges; it is the participant’s responsibility to contact their college or association to confirm its requirements and the workshop’s eligibility for CPD/CEU/CE credits.
ABOUT RUSS HARRIS
Dr Russ Harris, author of the best-selling self-help book ‘The Happiness Trap‘, is an internationally-renowned trainer of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT). Russ’s background is in medicine. As a GP he became increasingly interested in the psychological aspects of health and wellbeing, and increasingly disenchanted with writing prescriptions. Ultimately this interest led to a total career change, and he now works in two different, yet complementary roles: both as a therapist and as a coach.
Since 2005, Russ has run over 800 two-day workshops and provided ACT training for 60,000 health professionals. He has authored four ACT textbooks (ACT Made Simple, Trauma Focused ACT, Getting Unstuck in ACT, ACT Questions & Answers), and four ACT-based self-help books (The Happiness Trap, The Reality Slap, The Confidence Gap and ACT with Love). In addition, he has been the co-authored of two other self-help books: The Weight Escape and The Happiness Trap Pocketbook. His best-known book, The Happiness Trap, has sold over one million copies worldwide, with translations into more than 30 languages. (To download the opening chapter, click here.)
Russ has a unique model for training, which he calls ‘ACT Made Simple’, because it covers so much material in a short space of time. (In fact, he even has even written an introductory text book on ACT, titled ‘ACT Made Simple’. To download the first chapter, click here.) He proudly proclaims each workshop a ‘jargon-free zone’ – and bases his training on three core values: simplicity, clarity, and having fun. His highly-acclaimed ACT workshops are brief, powerful, cost-effective and life-enhancing. Participants regularly report not only major improvements in their therapy and/or coaching, but also in their personal lives – and evaluation forms frequently praise his ability to make complex ideas seem very simple. (For examples, go to testimonials )